Late yesterday afternoon I had about 45 minutes before dinner and I wanted to sew something. Looking around my messy sewing room, I looked at my fabric for the mystery quilt my guild is doing. I had not yet made the blocks for last month and I don’t even have the directions for this months block. (I missed the last guild meeting because I was in Nashville for Liesel’s wedding) I looked at the directions for last months block and decided to start them. They are on the far left in the photo. I used all fabrics that I purchased in Nashville, mainly because they were on the top of my fabric stash for this quilt. The two bags of fabric in the picture are what I’m using.
The pattern called for a focus fabric, background fabric and two dark fabrics. I prefer scrappy quilts so I am using brown as my background, blue and green as my two darks, and the focus fabric is in the center of the Ohio Star blocks. It doesn’t really show very well in the picture above but I will have more posts on this and next time I’ll try to take better pictures. Following the pattern, the quilt will finish at large lap quilt size. I asked our Projects chairperson if the pattern could be expanded with more blocks to make it King size. She says yes, so this will end up being our new bed quilt for our new king size bed.
I’ve made three types of blocks thus far. There is a fourth block, handed out last month. I will get the directions next week and maybe I’ll have time to put it together before this months meeting. We will be assembling our quilt tops after the guild meeting in November. I don’t know if I will put my blocks together then or not since I am going to make it larger.